Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

February 18, 2015

It's the Eve of the Chinese (lunar) New Year and I am going to be meeting family and friends over the next few days - feasting and having fun!

Recently, Jessy of jcchris.com gave me a huge bag of scrappy goodies. Something caught my eye - which is this beautiful oriental paper. So, I decided to make some Chinese New Year cards with it!


I used the beautiful paper as the background of the card, and then die cut this shape (from Scrapbook & Cards Today) which actually reminded me of the old Chinese gold coins they used to have. Then I paper pieced each of it using some patterned papers (which took me forever to do but it was well worth it!)


Then I designed the greeting myself with my SSDE and glittered it up with some Champagne Stickles - adhered it to a piece of vellum and decorated it with some gold pearls.


Here are all my finished cards! :)

To those who are celebrating CNY --- Gong Hei Fatt Choy and wishing you a prosperous year ahead filled with good health, wealth and success!

You May Also Like

1 comments

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving comments. Have a lovely and blessed day!